Installing Windows Script Runtime (scrrun.dll)
If AppGini displays the above warning when you launch it, you might need to download and install Windows Script Runtime. This component is not included in the AppGini setup because it comes in several versions, depending on your Windows version. Including all the versions would increase the size of the setup file unnecessarily as this component is installed by default on most computers.
Before downloading the Windows Script runtime, you should first try to run this command in a DOS window:
If the above command works successfully, you can now start AppGini without taking further steps. But if you see an error message, then please download and install Windows Script runtime using one of the links below.
- Download Windows Script runtime 5.7 for Windows 2000
- Download Windows Script runtime 5.7 for Windows XP
- Download Windows Script runtime 5.7 for Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista and Windows 7 already come with Windows Script runtime 5.7 installed. So, you shouldn't see the AppGini error message mentioned above.
- Older Windows versions ... well, it seems that Microsoft website no longer includes download links for Windows Script runtime 5.6 or 5.7 for older operating systems unfortunately. You could try some google search.